A GLOBAL ONLINE COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS AGED 11-14 (OWLETS) AND 15-18 (OWLYS)
Owlypia is a global online competition inspired by The Intellectuals’ Challenge (TIC). It aims to inspire the intellectual curiosity in young minds around the world. The first Owlypia took place on 28 February 2018 with over 960 Owlypians participating from 28 countries around the world.
The dates for the upcoming Owlypia competitions: 24 November 2018 and 23 March 2019.
Owlypia is an excellent opportunity for young individuals to compete with others online showing their knowledge and skills in their favorite subject areas. Young minds embrace challenges revolving around a central theme. This year’s theme is “Creativity: Beyond the Borders”. Any student aged 11-14 (Owlets) or 15-18 (Owlys) can enroll to take part in this online competition. Participants must choose their favourite subject and prepare themselves for the competition by using the recommended resources indicated under the subjects.
We would like the young minds to
- Challenge their intellectual capability
- Expand their knowledge in specific areas
- Find their career paths
- Experience their academic area of interest from a global perspective
- Build their self–confidence through subject-based questions
- Deepen their knowledge and build multidisciplinary life skills
- Become actively involved in an online challenge
- Utilise individual qualities through collaborative activities
- Improve their language skills by studying particular subject areas.